Whats up In The Boon Docks

 

Blueberry Park fabric just cheers up a room! I finished quilting the blocks and turned turned them into pillows. Covered up my old and worn couch pillows. In The Boon Docks: Sewing and Family is where I wrote about making these blocks and how I did it.

I started working on this Alison Glass embroidery pattern while my daughter was in the hospital! I drew it out using the hold it up to the window method (light box) with the fabric over the pattern, using my washable pen. So, when I am all done was the ink away with a washcloth! Only problem it gets kinda wrinkly. If I iron it the steam it my take away the drawing.

My Floss Story

Knowing I would not have a sewing machine available for 2 weeks I packed projects I could work on in the hospital! I packed this pattern and a variety of Aurifil Thread weights. I was going to do this project with all Aurifil Floss, but somehow the floss bag got left at home. Instead, I only had 12 wt., 50 wt., and 80 wt., so I used what I had! I am very happy with the results so far! The different textures can really be seen!

 

This is what I use to keep my threads in when traveling! On our trip to the hospital I grabbed the Aurifil 80 wt instead of floss! But it worked out great!

Until next time! Lisa

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop