Bella Skill Builder Month 6

 

For the month of July We find ourselves doing Courthouse Steps for the Bella Skill Builder Month 6! Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Month 6 - Sherri McConnell & Fat Quarter Shop! I used the Creative Grids 6" Log Cabin Trim Tool Creative Grids #CGRJAWMN6 to do my blocks but you complete this months block without it! The ruler does make it much faster and for me was well worth it! I just got another pattern to make a log cabin quilt. I love these blocks and have made them the traditional way in the past and found it very time consuming! The ruler will help you get them done in a jiffy!

 

Facebook: The Fat Quarter Shop now has a Facebook Group for you to share photos of your blocks with other quilters! I just signed up! I cannot wait to see the color combinations all of you are using! Join us for the fun of it!

Get the kit: Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Kits!

Video: Sherri McConnell from A Quilting Life walks you through the perfect and perfectly accurate Courthouse Steps block in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eu8Ew6j3_k&sns=em

Pattern: Download the free July 2017 pattern

Supplies: Fabrics: Block 1 - Bella Solids Bright Sky, Bluebell, and Imperial Blue; Block 2 - Bella Solids Mango, Ash, and Amelia Apricot; Block 3 - Bella Solids Ruby Ice, Kiwi, and Caribbean

Thread: 50wt Aurifil Dove 100% Cotton Mako Spool Thread Aurifil #MK50-2600

 

I am really happy the way these colors all went together! It was fun, the orange block I used my background choice (Bella Solid Ash) but on the other two I change the background to the color I was using for the blocks! I got the idea when I was looking at Melissa of Happy Quilting: Bella Skill Builder - Courthouse Steps Block blocks with two different shades of the same color! Thank you Melissa! I used three colors but she inspired me! The two smaller blocks are suppost to be the same color but I want to spread some color around!

Be sure to check out all the Bella Skill Builder Bloggers throughout the coming months for more Skillbuilder fun!

 

Here are all my blocks spread out together, in no order! I like all the colors!

Hope you are following along and making some of your own blocks, if you are please join the Facebook Group and Show Them Off! It would be great to see them!

Until next time! Lisa

My daughter is recovering well from Surgery! I appreciate the Fat Quarter Shop for being understanding when I couldn't post on time!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White