The real reason to go to a county fair

I have blogged a lot lately about the county fair and how to enter your quilts and jams to win ribbons and it is really fun for me. On Saturday it was our family's time to go to the fair! Lots of photos! My jar of "Pineapple Jam" sold for $15 at the auction to benefit the fair.

My daughter Kristin came home to visit and go to the fair. She was really happy with the first place ribbon for "Sophie's Twister", since Sophie is her goddaughter.

It really made me happy to have Kristin and David together for my first place ribbon on "Beauty & the Beast". This is my happy picture!

The "Best of Show" ribbon went to my friend Mary Adkins she is a very talented quilter. She entered this stack and whack quilt, that is quite beautiful. I think I am going to take a class on how to make this style. I heard that they are easy to make. Next year I'll try again to beat her!

What would the fair be without popcorn. Ed Adkins volunteers his talents and his time every year to the fair. I want to thank him and all the others who volunteer, if it wasn't for all the volunteers there would not be a Cabell County Fair.

David entered the fair coloring contest and when he found out he didn't win. He got a little bored with all this "Home Arts" stuff.

This is how he responded to "It is ride time".

This is David's favorite fair ride, he went on it about six times. If you look at the photo it shows it higher than any lamp post. I am not afraid of heights but there was no way I was going down that slide. He such a daredevil.

We also watched the cars that smashed into each other and fireworks, which the whole family enjoyed. Three hours sitting on a blanket, in the dirt, on the side of a hill, can cause your butt to hurt for days afterwords. Other than that it was wonderful!

I hope you get to enjoy a fair this summer! Thanks Brent Johnson (Dad) for all your hard work, it was a great fair!

Comments

  1. Wow that looks like so much fun! So great to see you all having such a good time together =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and congrats to you, your daughter and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your ribbon and jam. Looks like a great time for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts as you know! Congrats on the very well deserved ribbons. So are those your 2 children?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop